What Drives You?

Is it the roar of a powerful V8 in a classic Muscle Car? How about the style of a bespoke custom hot rod built just for you? Or maybe the connection to a car you once owned, or even a family heirloom? At the V8 Speed and Resto Shop, we restore classics cars, build high-end custom cars and hot rods, and restore muscle cars. We fully understand the importance of these cars and their significance.

Welcome to the V8 Speed and Resto Shop: A Complete Classic Car, Muscle Car Restoration, Custom Car and Hot Rod Shop.

We have the expertise and equipment to handle nearly all restoration and custom modification tasks in-house, including cutting-edge mechanical upgrades, precision engine machining, custom metal fabrication, fine crafted upholstery, and show-winning bodywork and paint. Whether you’re looking for an over-the-top show car, a stock and original restoration, a powerful Muscle Car, a state-of-the-art Pro Touring machine, a crazy hot rod, a one-of-a-kind custom car, or just a cool and reliable classic car to drive, we can help.

>>> NOW HIRING! CLICK TO SEE JOB POSTINGS!

Experience Matters

Our team of experienced restoration and mechanical professionals has hundreds of years of combined experience in the automotive restoration industry, and 2004 marks our 20th year in business. We are passionate about customs, hot rods, and muscle cars, and we take pride in our work. Learn more about the V8 Speed and Resto Shop!

Custom Crafted Just For You

We understand that every project is unique, and we work with our customers to create a design and build plan that meets their specific needs and budget.

If you’re looking for a trusted partner to restore your classic car or muscle car or build your dream custom or hot rod, V8 Speed and Resto Shop is the perfect choice.

Contact Us To Chat About Your Ride!

We’re always happy to chat about cool cars and plans to make them better. Contact us by filling out this form to get started, we’ll get back with you ASAP!

muscle car restoration,muscle cars,classic cars

817 S. MAIN STREET – RED BUD, IL 62278

V8 Speed and Resto Shop is a SEMA Member
Spikes LeGrice
Spikes LeGrice
2023-11-08
We are a Boston based Speed Shop, reached out to Kelly and her team about some business questions, and they were direct and informative this is truly what makes the car community great. I can only imagine how thorough their builds are. It's an easy choice, and you need it built best talk to kelly and her team!
Joseph Scafidi
Joseph Scafidi
2023-10-01
Outstanding is the best word to describe this team. The V8 Speed and Resto Shop is a large team of car enthusiasts that are well versed in building, repairing, restoring and/or improving your car. I was extremely happy with the outstanding work that they did on the restoration of my family heirloom. They listened to what I wanted, provided input, guidance and kept me up to date with every step - even though I am 800 miles away, If you are interested in restoring your car the right way, then this is where you need to take your car!
Kelli K
Kelli K
2023-08-17
Great company to work with!
Yousuf B.H.
Yousuf B.H.
2023-07-24
Very informative when it comes to cars and restoration.
Mike
Mike
2023-06-30
Great place!! Cool cars and Friendly staff
Rick Cougar
Rick Cougar
2022-06-17
Truly an outstanding operation!! Complete vehicle restoration muscle cars primarily great staff great owners! A hidden gym in the auto industry! Will definitely be back again fantastic service!
Lisa Koester
Lisa Koester
2022-04-16
Kevin and Kelly run a very nice upscale shop..
Byron Rowell
Byron Rowell
2021-12-22
The people at V8 Speed and Resto Shop did excellent work for me and were very professional. They were able to take care of all of my concerns for my car and also helped with some new and creative ideas for my interior. I would recommend them for any car projects that you might have.
Matt Stines
Matt Stines
2021-11-29
V8 Speed & Resto Shop is the best place to go for any work you need done on your classic car our truck. I have been a customer there for several years, starting with maintenance work on my 1979 Jeep and also taking care of my 68 Malibu. Kevin, Kelle, and the whole team have an incredible amount of knowledge about classics, whether it be keeping things orginal or a modern resto upgrade. Recently, V8 completed a front suspension update on my Malibu to improve handling. The crew gave me several options and reccomended a preferred solution. I am continually impressed with their attention to detail. They are meticulous with my classics and I appreciate it very much. By far, the best part of working with V8 Speed & Resto is their customer service. They get it. The team knows everyone has a different style, suttle tastes, and varying budgets. V8 does everything possible to make sure their customers are happy.