Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    V8 Staff
    Keymaster

It’s been a while, make any progress on the truck?

Kevin Oeste

Wayne
    Participant

Progress has been slow. Had some medical issues that cut deeply in the budget. Also wanted to reskin the roof, I wasn’t happy with the condition. Took forever to find a suitable donor. Not many left around here. Wish you could buy a roof skin for these trucks. Now I have to just get the nerve to start cutting the roof.

Ward Frahler
    Participant

Was a good looking truck to start with. I’m big on Ford but I do envy you all that run that ls series of motor. They can look good and from what I’ve seen/read make some good power pretty easily.

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Progress has been slow. Had some medical issues that cut deeply in the budget. Also wanted to reskin the roof, I wasn’t happy with the condition. Took forever to find a suitable donor. Not many left around here. Wish you could buy a roof skin for these trucks. Now I have to just get the nerve to start cutting the roof.

I’m surprised there is no roof skin available for these trucks, it seems like the support it pretty strong for them overall. I also like how the parts are generally pretty affordable for them as well.

Kevin Oeste

Wayne
    Participant

I guess the major problem with these trucks is rusting from the bottom. Not much demand for the upper body panels.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.