Welcome To The V8 Speed and Resto Shop! Forums V8 Forum Bench Racing / General Hang Out 2 Doors 2 Many? These 4-doors are COOL!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    V8 Staff
    Keymaster

There are some 4-doors that fit the bill when it comes to cool cars. For me, the look of a 4-door hardtop… the ones with a pillarless opening when the windows are down, are the best. There is something about cruising in a 4-door hardtop with the windows down in the summer time that is great fun.

Here’s a ’57 Buick we spied at the Antique Automobile Club of America’s website… it’s a very cool car.

See more here: http://forums.aaca.org/topic/240214-my-57-buick-century/

Mike Clarke

That’s rad. I imagine the pillar where the rear doors mount and the front door latches has to be pretty beefy.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Roy
    Participant

It is indeed a strong fabrication. It is designed to provide for solidly triangulated in-out support as well as fore-aft. If you look at any of the GM 4-door hardtops of that era you can see just how strong it is. Also the body mounts on the frame in that area were in a different position than on the sedans to provide better support.

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Of course, the Mack Daddy of all the 4-door hardtops is the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham…

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Closely followed by the Connie…

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

It is indeed a strong fabrication. It is designed to provide for solidly triangulated in-out support as well as fore-aft. If you look at any of the GM 4-door hardtops of that era you can see just how strong it is. Also the body mounts on the frame in that area were in a different position than on the sedans to provide better support.

Did not know about the body mounts. Good info, thanks!

Mike Clarke

Of course, the Mack Daddy of all the 4-door hardtops is the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham…

For pete’s sake, I can’t believe how much I never knew about automotive history when I hit this site. Never knew Cadilllac had suicide doors. Ugh!

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Yeah, that car is the whole package right there. Tri-power carbs, air suspension, matching shot glasses and all. Love me some ’57 Eldo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.