Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Goran
    Participant

Hi

What happened to the 2015 SEMA coverage?
    I am a big fan of your excellent videos from SEMA and kind of rely on them for info of whats happening on the other side of the pond.

And are you planning to put your show on the net again? I cant get Rev’n TV over here in Sweden 🙂

/Goran

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Hello Goran,

Thanks for the inquiry… we’re posting LOTS of SEMA videos over the next couple weeks. Here’s the link to the main page where the latest ones will appear.

http://v8tvshow.com/V8TV_2/index.php/events/sema-show-video-coverage

We’ve got some really cool new stuff to show you as we post the videos.

What are you working on over in Sweden?

Thanks again!

– Kevin

Kevin Oeste

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

http://www.v8tvshow.com
    http://www.dakotadigital.com

As cars become more sophisticated, so do the electronics that make them run. This year, Dakota Digital showed us a smart new way to add cruise control to an GM LS drive-by-wire throttle system as installed into a classic or muscle car. They also demonstrated their intelligent Vintage Air controllers designed to maintain precise control of Gen IV A/C systems. These are all very cool ways to add modern-car features to your resto-mod! Presented by ARP.

Kevin Oeste

Goran
    Participant

Ok Great!
    I am looking forward for those videos.

In my garage right nowi is my -68 Camaro that I have owned for more tha 30 years, and restored
    three times! Last restoration was finished in 1998 and it got painted its original colour, “Ash Gold”
    And I also have an 1966 El Camino totally restored with an upgraded chassis with Camaro discbrakes, Global west A arms ,swaybars fore and aft and lowering springs. It just handles and rides like a dream. It is currently powred by an 1989 350 TBI with a TH700 wich gives great driveability and decent fueleconomy. The performance i a bit mediocre though 🙂 But I have built a 400 smallblock that will solve that problem.

Next big project will be my wifes -64 Nova that we bought last year. It will keep the stock look (Including steel wheels and hubcaps, She insists on this! ) But will be upgraded with discbrakes and powersteering (Volvo 240 front suspension is an almost bolt on upgrade and it is dirt cheap)
    And of course a modern driveline.

And to make a long story short:
    I got laid off at my work in the computer industry last year, so I have fullfilled my dream and started my own shop!
    I specialize in wiring, and have during my first year done things like wiring for a 1916 model T Ford to program a custom chip for an 1988 Camaro with driveabiltyproblems after an engine swap!

Check out my website at http://www.stigbergateknik.se/
    Unfortunately it is in swedish only, but therer are a few pictures in there and I will add more when i get some sparetime!

/Goran

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Congratulations on starting your shop! I used the Google translator to read it over, impressive work.

I like the idea of the Viper V10 in a ’47 Cadillac!

You also have an impressive stash of cars, I am interested in the idea of the Volvo suspension on the ’64, would you consider posting pics of that in our Member Rides section when you get started on it?

Best of luck to you, and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with from over here!

Kevin Oeste

Goran
    Participant

I will post pictures when I get the time to start working on the Nova.

And yes that -47 Cadillac with a Viper V10 truck engine is really nice.
    The entire driveline, wiring, instrument cluster, pedals and steering column has been transfered into the Cadillac. The guy building it is a really experiemced Hotrod builder.
    Front suspension is stock except for an Opel! steering rack and discbrakes. Rear axle is from the Pickup, but shortened of course.
    The wiring harnesses have been heavily modified by me, and everything in the driveline works (The only fault code we get from the ECU is for the missing EVAP system! )
    We have covered the ABS and Airbag fault indicators in the instrumentcluster since those systems is obviously missing.

I have to check with the owner/builder if he minds me posting pictures.

/Goran

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.