Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Participant

Hey I also have a 08C 1969 Camaro. If you can post a pic of the rear end stamp (on the passenger side axel tube facing forward) It will be easier to determine originality and what the rear end gearing was originally. If you can post a pic, that would be best.

Should be 2 letters followed by a date and then a shift code . Ex : BU 0726 G2

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

We had lunch the other day and he just shook his head and said that he has not been out to the garage since he got home.

Hopefully your buddy has gotten some garage time recently!

Kevin Oeste

Kent
    Participant

Hello!

Time fly’s when you are having fun…. Been so busy with my on car and other stuff that we haven’t actually spoken until this last Saturday.

The latest update is that the car is not a true JL8 car but i’m not convinced 100% yet. There are to many whats and if”s for me to say what is what.

My buddy has decided to restore the car close to the original but paint it blue and there is going to be a LS3 installed in the car, but he is not going to go full on pro-G machine, so it will be easy to turn it back to stock IF there would surfes any information that would 100% say that the car is a JL8 car.

Here is a pic of how it stands today

/Kent

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a good looking car! Interesting to see the vintage style graphics on the side. Great color combo, I really like the white interior with the white top.

It’s cool that there are many ways to do the LS swap and make it “un-doable” as not to cause too much stress to the car.

Thanks for posting the pic!

Kevin Oeste

Mike Clarke
    Keymaster

As much of a Pontiac guy that I am, I have that is one gorgeous Camaro!

Austin
    Participant

It looks good in the pic, did you ever get a pic of the rear end stamp??

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.