Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Clarke
    Keymaster

Mecum330.jpg

So, I happened to luck into a pair of passes to the Mecum Auction held from Oct 8th-10th in Schaumberg, IL. My wife and I headed up there on Saturday. What an operation! 1,000 cars crossing the block over 3 days. The logistics of running this is something like running a 3 ring circus or a mega rock concert over and over again. If you’ve never attended, you owe it to yourself to do so. It’s that cool. Besides being a cool collector car auction, Mecum also becomes one hell of a car show. You don’t need to be a bidder to have a good time.

Plenty of rare, some not so rare and some rather odd ball cars crossing the block. A quick trip to Mecum will show you what’s coming up as well as what sold or didn’t sell.

Being a huge Pontiac fan, I was in heaven. It seemed to be GTO and Firebird day as they seemed to be everywhere. So much Ram Air in the room! 2 ’69 Trans Am hard tops went across the block. One original unrestored which was in unbelievable condition and the other restored to perfection. Both were one of 14 cars with the standard parchment interior. What are the odds? Judges, TAs and Grand Prix, oh my!

Okay, enough gushing. Here’s some shots of a few cars that caught my eye.

Mecum293.jpg
    One year only color Iris Mist “65 GTO

Mecum322.jpg
    Original unrestored 69 Trans Am

Mecum296.jpg
    Anyone need a coal delivery?

Mecum294.jpg
    Have any Grey Poupon?

Mecum305.jpg
    My wife wanted this gem

Mecum300.jpg
    I wanted this one

Mike Clarke
    Keymaster

Mecum298.jpg
    A nice run about.

Mecum301.jpg
    I love vitamin C!

Mecum302.jpg
    Sox & Martin!

Mecum303.jpg
    A nice tribute.

Mecum306.jpg
    Beautiful E-Type

Mecum314.jpg
    The Boss was in attendance

Mecum337.jpg
    Real Panther Pink car.

Mecum316.jpg
    Speaking of Odd balls!

Mike Clarke
    Keymaster

Mecum326.jpg
    Hemi Belvedere? Yes, please!

Mecum334.jpg
    Holy Batmobile, Batman!!

Mecum332.jpg

Mecum331.jpg

Mecum333.jpg

Mecum348.jpg
    We had a great time! Looking forward to the next one.

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Nice report! You nailed it… these auctions are a lot of fun even if you are not buying or selling. And the action is pretty crazy on the auction block!

I’ll have to look up the results and see what this one went for… neat car!

Kevin Oeste

Mike Clarke
    Keymaster

That ocean liner stalled @30k or so. There were so many more pics I wanted to take but there were so many people crowding around. I need to scam some press credentials so I can get in early to get better shots! LOL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.