Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ken West
    Participant

This is Ken from Texas. I had a build thread on the Forum before the big crash. I am just now starting to rebuild that thread so check it out. 1967 Lemans build with a LS376/480 and 4L80E. So come and see.

V8 Staff
    Keymaster

Hey Ken,

Welcome back! Thanks for re-joining after the crash… it wasn’t fun for anyone, but we like the new format much better. I’ll go check out your thread!

Check out:
    V8 Radio Podcast: https://www.v8radio.com
    V8TV YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/V8TV

Mike Clarke

Very cool, Ken! Great to have another Pontiac brother here/back!

Mike Clarke

Any progress?

Ken West
    Participant

No I am afraid not. between the heat and starting a new career I haven’t done a thing in a couple months or so.

Ken

Mike Clarke

Well, you’re in good company. I haven’t touched my GTO for months, either.

Ward Frahler
    Participant

I went through your thread, very cool car and build. I kept gong back to your chassis pics. What color powder coat is that? It looks a little like black chrome just wondering. I’m doing a similar build but in a Galaxie and I got some good ideas from your thread, thank you for sharing.

Ken West
    Participant

nytling92,

It is a 2 stage powder coat and the color is Anthracite. It is different but I like how it is an opposing color to the rest of my chassis parts.

Ken

Ward Frahler
    Participant

Thank you. Just curios what it ran you if you don’t mind? Also, what do they do about the inside of the frame, yours looks boxed same as mine?

Ken West
    Participant

Seems like I had that done about 3 years ago. I think between sandblasting and coating was somewhere between 400-500 all together.
    Being in North Central Texas I did not treat the inside of the frame. But if you want to Eastwood has a product you need to look at:/www.eastwood.com/paints/rust-solutions/prevention.html go to 2:35 mark of the video to see the Rubberized Undercoating for inside frame rails.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.