This very nice 1970 Buick GSX 4-speed car in Saturn Yellow just crossed the auction block at the Mecum Chicago event.
– Matching numbers 455/350 HP V-8 engine
– Matching numbers 4-speed standard transmission
– Performance rear axle Positraction
– Power front disc brakes
– Power steering
– Hood tachometer
– Ram Air hood scoops
– 15 inch Rally wheels with BF Goodrich TA radials
– Original black bucket seat interior
– Original QQ Saturn Yellow
– Rally steering wheel
– Remote sport outside mirror
– Retains majority of its original paint
– Last titled in 1978 in West Virginia
– Believed to be 53,000 original miles
– Original build sheet
The selling price was $80,000.00… although a good bit of cash, it seems down a little. Perhaps not being a Stage 1 car hurt it, or, perhaps the 2 people that wanted it most didn’t show up to the auction that day!
At the end of the day, it’s still a very cool car!