Welcome To The V8 Speed and Resto Shop! Forums V8 Forum Bench Racing / General Hang Out The $165,000 Buick GNX… Barrett-Jackson lit the fuse, what do you think?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V8 Staff
    Keymaster

They are great cars for sure, but did Barrett-Jackson just launch the market on Buick Grand Nationals into the stratosphere?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-GNX-184006

Joseph Marconi
    Participant

Lit the fuse? I think someone forgot that they were at an auction and were waving their hands to friend because they had an empty seat beside them. I can think of 10 other cars that I would want for that kind of money and each of them would probably appreciate more in value year after year than this 87 GNX. Who are they saving this car for? Reminds me of my aunts house when I was a kid with plastic seat coverings over the living room furniture. Try sitting on those with shorts on, OUCH, just as painful as seeing this car not being enjoyed. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Frank Szymkowski
    Participant

The GNX’s are in a who nother collecting lever then the Grand National. IN the work of Turbo Buicks, the GNX is the coveted care of all the Buick collectors. They are rarely driven and so many are collected as low ,ileage show cars from day one. The value will keep going up on the GNX’s at a feverish rate. The GN’s are going up due to the GNX prices but not nearly as fast the GNX’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.