The SEMA Action Network (SAN) announced that the latest Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD) will be officially celebrated on July 14, 2023. The date marks the fourteenth consecutive commemoration in what is now an annual holiday to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society.
Intended since 2010 to celebrate the classics of the past and the future, the U.S. Congress has helped launch CCAD by introducing resolutions each year at the SAN’s request. This year, the U.S. House of Representatives introduced U.S. House Resolution 573 (H. Res. 573). The resolution was sponsored by co-chairs of the SEMA-supported Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus. These Congressional leaders have been strong advocates for the automotive culture in Washington, D.C., and recognize the integral role collector cars have played in fostering our nation’s appreciation for the automobile’s unique historical place in our history.
It’s a perfect opportunity to drive your Classic or Muscle Car to work!
Help promote this special day: post on social media using the hashtag #CCAD and tag the celebration’s Facebook fan page (@CollectorCarAppreciationDayCCAD).
CELEBRATE OUR HOLIDAY YOUR WAY!
- ATTEND an official vehicle-inspired event or web-based celebration.
- HOST your own safety-minded gathering, club meeting or online gallery.
- Promote a “HOLIDAY SALE” at your business in-store or online.
- INVITE partnerships with nearby enthusiast-related groups if possible.
- DRIVE your special ride—new or old—whatever the destination.