“This Week in Classic Cars” is a radio show covering classic and muscle car restoration and performance topics, and it airs weekly on KTRS 550am Radio in St. Louis. The show recently added V8 Speed and Resto Shop’s Kevin Oeste to the line up, joining host Josh Gilbert and Jeff Homsher, Owner of It’s Alive Automotive. Tune in each Sunday at 1pm for the latest episode!
We’d like to thank our sponsors on “This Week in Classic Cars”:
Custom Coatings, StL is the umbrella of three companies, TTT Dustless Blasting, Inc, Specialized Metal Coatings, and Specialized Commercial Coatings. In-house or portable media blasting for equipment, from heavy fabrication, metal fabrication finish work with several well known fabrication shops, restoration projects for the everyday customer, consisting of wrought iron to wood blasting, even automobiles.
- Over 10 different media blends to do the job the right way, and coatings specialist.
Three in house sandblasting booths all running different media.
- Heavy Industrial Blasting including:
- 60″ x 60′ pipes
- Wide variety of Fabrication shop customer base servicing customers such as: Walmart, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Wastewater Treatment Plants.
- Everyday walk-in business servicing: Patio Furniture, Automobiles, and Antiques.
Specialized Metal Coatings, Inc-They offer sandblasting, direct to metal paint, custom paint, and powder coating all under one roof. At SMC, we operate some of the largest blasting and paint booths available on the market, there is no job too big or too small.
- State of the art equipment
- Everything sandblasted before a powder coating primer and powder coated topcoat is applied.
- Steaming process-helps cleans and pulls oil and contaminates it out. We do it the right way for the first time and educate the customer as to why.
Specialized Commercial Coating, Inc-Professional commercial coating services. Custom residential and commercial painting. What makes SCC different is the access to her sister company’s and to eliminate the need of up to 3 different contractors.
No job too big or small. Automotive, Marine, Industrial, Residential.
Our history begins in 1933, in the garage of the home of our founders, Martin A. and Helen Kosydor. A few years later, Martin and Helen opened a retail store in East St. Louis, IL. Martin Glass is one of the original auto glass companies in the metro east area and one of the first to offer mobile service. At that time, all vehicle glass was cut as needed, then installed in vehicles at the customer’s home or work. Martin and Helen’s twin sons, Martin F. and Marvin started working for the business at an early age and took over the company when Martin A. retired in 1965.
In 1972, Martin F. acquired the company. Martin and his wife, Donna, opened a new store in the Belle-Valley Industrial Village located in Belleville, IL. The East St. Louis store closed a few years later and Belleville became the corporate office. The additional warehouse space in Belleville allowed the company to make truckload purchases giving the company a competitive advantage in inventory and pricing. In 1977, a branch store opened in Fairview Heights, IL and in 1980 another branch opened in Collinsville, IL. These two branches later consolidated into our current Collinsville location. In 1982, a branch in Saint Louis was opened, which allowed us to produce a larger service area in Missouri. Around this time, sales representatives were hired to promote the company to insurance agents, car dealerships, body shops, and fleet companies. In 1992, our most recent branch opened in Litchfield, IL. With the addition of these three branches, our current service area covers metropolitan St. Louis and the southwestern and central regions of Illinois.
Martin Glass continues to expand. Our growth is attributed to excellent service, quality products, and exceptional workmanship. Third generation family members Martin S. and Marla manage the company today. Fourth generation family members Marty and Kelli are active in the company as well.
- Specializes in auto glass repair and replacement as well as custom glass shower enclosures and mirrors for your home
- One of the first auto glass companies in the entire midwest to offer ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) windshield camera calibration
- Vehicle manufactures require a camera calibration after a windshield replacement.
- Adas includes: lane departure warning, lane keep assist, forward collision alert, adaptive cruise control.
- We invested in 3 industry leading tool manufactures and therefore can calibrate almost every kind of ADAS windshield mounted camera.
- Insurance will cover the calibration under the same claim as the windshield replacement
- Auto glass insurance claim, call us first! We handle the entire claims process from start to finish
- 4 locations to service you.
- Belleville, IL; Collinsville, IL; Litchfield, IL; and St Louis, MO
- Home products showrooms: Belleville, IL and St. Louis, MO
- Products and certifications:
- We utilize original equipment manufactured (OEM) or OEM equivalent glass that’s installed with Dow Industries certified adhesives and primers.
- All our adhesives and primers meet OEM durability specifications, as well as the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Additionally, every Martin Glass professional installer is certified by Dow Industries
- Registered and validated company with the Auto Glass Safety Council and follows AGRSS (Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard) procedures. This guarantees you a safe and properly installed windshield or auto glass replacement.