Join Our Team as an Upholstery Technician for Restoration and Custom Cars at V8 Speed and Resto Shop!
Are you passionate about breathing new life into classic cars? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a skill set that transforms vehicles into automotive masterpieces? If so, V8 Speed and Resto Shop is looking for you! We are a renowned automotive restoration and customization shop, and we are seeking a talented and experienced Upholstery Technician to join our dynamic team.
At V8 Speed and Resto Shop, we live and breathe classics, customs, restored and modified muscle cars, restomods, pro-touring cars, and more. We take pride in meticulously restoring and customizing vintage vehicles, and our commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail sets us apart in the industry. Our team is composed of highly skilled professionals who share a common passion for automotive excellence.
As an Upholstery Technician specializing in restoration and custom cars, you will play a vital role in transforming vintage vehicles into works of art. You will be responsible for a range of tasks, including; pattern making, sewing various materials, vinyl wrapping, spray glue techniques, interior assembly knowledge, deconstruction & documentation, interior fabrication and wood working. Your expertise will help preserve the timeless beauty of classic cars while adding custom modifications to meet our clients’ unique visions. You will be a critical member of the team working to perfect our customers’ dream cars!
- Perform top-notch interior craftsmanship installation on classics, customs, and muscle cars.
- Execute and ensure highest quality of interior fabrication and perform final interior assembly on seats, door panels, headliners, trim, and other interior items.
- Collaborate with our passionate team to ensure every project meets our high standards of quality.
- Proven experience as an upholstery technician, with a focus on restoration and customization.
- In-depth knowledge of automotive upholstery work and repair techniques.
- Proficient in sewing, deconstruction and assembly of car interior, wood working skills, vinyl wrapping, pattern making and interior fabrication for vehicle restoration.
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to delivering exceptional results.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for overcoming challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer-centric approach.
- Passion for custom cars and the automotive culture.
Join Our Enthusiastic Team!
If you have a deep love for classic cars, take pride in your craftsmanship, and possess the skills to elevate automotive restoration and customization, we want to hear from you! At V8 Speed and Resto Shop, you’ll have the opportunity to work on remarkable projects and collaborate with fellow automotive enthusiasts.
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the application link below We can’t wait to welcome an exceptional Upholstery Technician like you to our team!
LINK: ABOUT THE V8 SPEED AND RESTO SHOP
This position requires big picture thinking and a great attitude. Shop hours are 8-5 Monday – Friday (Technician Hours 7AM – 3:30PM optional)
Experience required! This is not an entry level position.
We provide PPO Health, Dental, Vision insurance 75% company paid. Paid time off after 90 days, Paid Holidays, 401(k) 3% matching, Flexible schedule, Company Paid $50K Life insurance, Employee discounts on parts, Provide in-house and out of shop training.
Great working environment and awesome teammates to work with as well as lots of cool tools and equipment to grow your abilities. We are located in a small, safe midwestern town of Red Bud Illinois.
If you want consistent, rewarding work every day, every week, building award winning show cars this is a job for you!
Flip Through Some V8 Speed and Resto Shop Car Builds:
Fill Out The Application To Schedule An Interview Today!
The V8 Speed and Resto Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The V8 Speed and Resto Shop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.