The V8 Speed and Resto Shop Team has a performance engine machine shop job opening! We are hiring an Engine Machinist Technician for Restoration and Custom Cars at the V8 Speed and Resto Shop in Red Bud, IL!
Are you an experienced engine machinist? Can you disassemble, clean, measure, machine, and reassemble engines and take pride in your precision work? Are you passionate about breathing new life into classic cars? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a thorough understanding of engine operation and how to make power? If so, the V8 Speed and Resto Shop is looking for you! We are a renowned automotive restoration and customization shop with a great Team culture, competitive salaries, and outstanding benefits. We are seeking a talented and experienced Engine Machinist for our in-house Engine Machine Shop.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the application link below. We look forward to speaking with you and welcome an exceptional Engine Machinist like you to our team!
Fill Out Online Job Application Below!
Engine Machinist Technician Job Description:
- Understand all the workings of an internal combustion engine, including design, theory, operation, and performance modifications.
- Possess knowledge of all engine parts and their functions.
- Ability to identify failure points and diagnose internal engine issues.
- Understand engine and valve train geometry, camshaft operation and specifications, seat pressures, head flow, cam timing, oiling systems, and other internal systems.
- Understand the effects of performance modifications to engines and how to implement them.
- Possess knowledge of the differences between daily-driver, weekend cruiser, and various levels of high-performance engines.
- Rebuild vintage and original engines for re-use in restored classic and muscle cars.
- Have familiarity with aftermarket and high performance engine products.
- Understand the operation of power adding devices such as superchargers and their internal engine requirements.
- Be resourceful in finding specifications for vintage engines to facilitate their repair or rebuild.
- Operate lathe, milling machine, engine parts Operates machine lathes to modify water pump castings, piston heads, valves and other such automotive components.
- Operate boring and crankshaft grinding machinery.
- Clean parts, before and after machining in agitator type cleaning tanks to remove grease and oil particulates.
- Operate lathe, boring, or honing machines to refinish internal surfaces of bearing connecting rods.
- Verify dimensions using micrometres, calipers and height gauges to ensure adherence to tolerance and specifications.
- Ability to make recommendations to achieve performance goals of an engine.
- Apply modern technology to vintage engines where required / requested, such as coatings, sealers, main seals, etc.
- Grind metal surfaces of engine blocks and cylinder heads using portable and fixed machinery.
- Repair cracks in engine cylinder heads or other vehicle parts using heliarc welding equipment.
- Operate drum lathe to resurface brake drums or discs.
- Operate flywheel grinder to resurface flywheels.
- Assemble engines in short, long or full assembly configurations.
- Ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels including management, customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Reconditioning various parts such as heads and connecting rods, assisting with or performing crank, valve and flywheel grinding and the installation of valve seats, helicoils, sleeves and valve guides.
- Operate various other shop machines as needed such as drills, lathes, mills and other shop hand tools.
- Collaborate with our passionate team to ensure every project meets our high standards of quality.
Engine Machinist Technician Skills, Experience, and Job Requirements:
- Proven experience as an Engine Machinist Technician.
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to delivering exceptional results.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for overcoming challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer-centric approach.
- Passion for custom cars and the automotive culture.
Join Our Enthusiastic Team!
If you have a deep love for classic cars, take pride in your craftsmanship, and possess the skills to bring engines back to life, we want to hear from you! At the V8 Speed and Resto Shop, you’ll have the opportunity to work on remarkable projects and collaborate with fellow automotive enthusiasts.
About The V8 Speed and Resto Shop:
We value the well-being of our Team and their families above all else, and we all focus on generating the best employee and customer experience possible. Our core values center around the way we treat people and would like to be treated. We live and breathe classics, customs, restored and modified muscle cars, restomods, pro-touring cars, and more at the V8 Speed and Resto Shop. We take pride in meticulously restoring and customizing vintage vehicles, and our commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail sets us apart in the industry. We understand the significance of these cars to their owners and treat them as such. Our team is composed of highly skilled professionals who share a common passion for automotive excellence.
V8 Speed and Resto Shop Purpose:
- We believe in the importance of classic vehicles not only as historical objects, but for their personal significance to enthusiasts and their families, and for the joy they bring to the world.
- We believe in the importance of the automobile industry as a workspace where people of all skill sets and in all areas of business can thrive working around special vehicles that ignite their passion.
- We believe that dream cars can and do exist, and that our team is here to build them.
V8 Speed and Resto Shop Mission Statement:
- To connect people with the best times of their lives through things with wheels.
The V8 Speed and Resto Shop achieves our goals and the goals of our customers by applying the following core values to everything we do:
V8 Speed and Resto Shop Vision Statement:
- To ensure that automobile enthusiasts will always have a trusted, talented, and passionate source to provide services they need to enjoy their special vehicles.
- To always provide a healthy, safe, creative, and respectful workplace where our team can enhance their skills and abilities and enjoy satisfying and rewarding careers.
This Engine Machinist Technician position requires experience. This is not an entry level position.
- This position requires big picture thinking and a great attitude.
- This is a full-time position. Shop hours are 8-5 Monday – Friday (Technician Hours 7AM – 3:30PM optional)
- This job opening provides many benefits. We provide paid health insurance – PPO Health, Dental, Vision insurance 75% company paid. Paid time off starts accruing on day 1. Paid Holidays, 401(k) 3% matching, Flexible schedule, Company Paid $50K Life insurance, Employee discounts on parts, Provide in-house and out of shop training.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
The V8 Speed and Resto Shop is a great working environment with awesome teammates and lots of cool tools and equipment to grow your abilities. We have a backlog of work and are always looking to build better, more creative hot rods, customs, and muscle cars. We are located in a small, safe midwestern town of Red Bud Illinois.
If you want consistent, rewarding work every day, every week, building award winning show cars this is a job for you! We are hiring for this auto body shop job opening now.
Flip Through Some V8 Speed and Resto Shop Car Builds:
Fill Out This Job Application To Schedule An Interview Today!
The V8 Speed and Resto Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The V8 Speed and Resto Shop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.